Goulburn Physiotherapy Centre offers a number of taping services including acute injury treatment, sports injury management and pre-game strapping as well as for chronic pain management and postural correction.
Various forms of taping can be used for a number of different therapeutic and performance purposes. Rigid or elastic strapping tape can be used by our physiotherapists to:
- stabilise and support an injured or unstable joint
- reduce pain by deloading painful structures
- improve athlete confidence
- decrease acute injury risk
- reduce recurrence of chronic injuries
Kinesiology tape (eg Rocktape) is a form of elastic tape that is less restrictive than traditional sports tape, and has a number of different therapeutic uses, including:
- providing dynamic support without restricting movement
- joint and muscular proprioception retraining
- postural correction
- reduction of swelling and inflammation
- pain relief via decompression of painful structures
We do not warrant or represent that the information in this site is free from errors or omissions or is suitable for your intended use. We recommend that you seek individual advice before acting on any information in this site. We have made every effort to ensure that the information on our website is correct at the time of publication but recommend that you exercise your own skill and care with respect to its use. If you wish to purchase our services, please do not rely solely on the information in this website.